I'm making a list
Checking it twice
For Christmas in a year that's been both gnarly and nice
I drive Ann crazy – but it's not because I'm lazy
Because what to get me? The guy with a store?
A couple of records, not a whole lot more...
If you find yourself shopping for YOUR gifts on MY site,
Here are some things that will be JUST RIGHT.
1. Sid Mashburn Slim Straight 5-Pocket Pant, Timber Corduroy. I talk all the time about wearing corduroys 365 days a year... the umber-y color of these is awesome and may remind her of a pair of old Levis I got a lot of use out of between 1986-89.
2. Sid Mashburn 7-Day Sock Set, Navy Extra Fine Merino. Full disclosure, Ann does all the laundry in the house – I'm just the guy who wants to match up his socks by dye lot. All navy blues are not the same. These may be one of my favorite things we've made, ever. Color coded toe seams so she can match up each pair perfectly. The gift that keeps on giving.
3. American Trench Men's Kennedy Luxe Athletic Sock, White. Love to play tennis in these. I'll tell you right now that I do not play like Bjorn Borg but I can at least look like him.
4. Sid Mashburn Polo Shirt, White Pique. Speaking of tennis – I could use another one of these. Maybe when I finally cash in the tennis coaching sessions she gave me last Christmas... which I just remembered... hmmm...
5. Sid Mashburn Wool/Yak Print Pocket Square, Sunflower/Navy/Multi Floral Motif. Yakety yak / don't talk back. I can never get enough pocket squares and I loooooove the color story going on here.
6. Sid Mashburn M65 Jacket, Olive Cotton/Nylon. Ann has her own M65 jacket in navy and has been wearing it a lot... maybe we can match? That may be one toke over the line, so I'll do the green.
7. Randolph Engineering Polarized Aviator Sunglasses, 23k Gold/Gray Glass Lens. I think I left a pair of these in a hotel a few years back... and they can go with the jacket if I really wanna lean into the theme.
8. Sid Mashburn Handmade Peacoat, Navy Moleskin. Would you believe that I've never owned a peacoat? This thing is unbelievable. Worth breaking the streak for. Almost totally handmade in Italy, pickstitching along the shoulders. Just incredible.
9. Moma Design Store Wooden Ruler, Beech Wood. The stocking stuffer to end all stocking stuffers. I must have a dozen rulers and measuring tapes in my desk drawer but this one does something different from the others. Super, super cool.
10. Musgo Real Cologne, Spiced Citrus. I was never a big cologne guy until I started wearing it a few years ago... it reminds me of my dad. This one's got an awesome citrus-ish, tea-ish scent to it, and it's fairly subtle.
11. Sid Mashburn Luxe Hand-Knit Crewneck Sweater, Emerald Green Cashmere. Ann wrote about knitting a sweater as a teenager a few weeks ago... she hasn't gotten around to knitting one for me just yet, but this one will be great in the meantime. And y'all know I'm into the color green.
12. Ecoffee For Sid Mashburn Reusable Coffee Cup, White/Green. In addition to loving the color green, I love being green. My daughter Daisy found these reusable cups in London a few years ago and they're cool... super lightweight, made out of bamboo, and you can throw it in the dishwasher. This year we teamed up with them for an exclusive colorway with the same "love and happiness" text that's on our packing tape. Hey, even more (Al) Green.
Thanks, Kevin. I think this is the last column of 2020, but I'll be back for more questions in the New Year. Hope your days are merry and bright.